Services Guide Government RAK Customs Department Exemption of personal effects and used household items
  Report an Issue
Issuance of a certificate of exemption for personal effects and used household appliances

The personal effects and used household items brought into the country by nationals residing abroad or foreigners coming for the first time for residence in the country will be exempted from customs taxes (duties), subject to the conditions and controls prescribed by the Director General.

Step 1

Login as a registered user and click the service link from home page.

Step 2

Enter importer code and other required fields and submit the form. You can support your request by uploading attachments like images and documents. In case if you don’t have any importer code system will redirect you to request for the issuance of importer code.

Step 3

Submit the form and you will receive SMS / mail confirmation about the Request with Reference number or you can visit to “My Request” for tracking your request.

Step 4

Collect the requested documents electronically or by coming to the department in some cases.

Required Documents

1- Copy of I.D., passport or residence visa.
2- Detail packing list of used household items.
3- Commercial invoice of the new personal effects and household items.