This service allows the customer to reserve a trade name to identify the establishment's name and distinguish it from other establishments. The trade name must be compatible with the nature of the economic activity and its legal form as an institution or a company. Thus, the customer receives a trade name certificate that allows the soliciting of the required approvals from departments and local and federal authorities.
Access Ras Al Khaimah Government website www.rak.ae and select the Reserve Trade Name service from the list of services
Fill in the required information to reserve the desired trade name
Click on ‘Verify’ to ensure the trade name availability in the system
Wait until a notification is received with approval of the application
Pay the associated fees to reserve the trade name
Receive trade name certificate
- The customer must have an account registered in the UAE PASS
- The applicant must be one of the concerned parties.
In the event that the trade name is a “proper name”, the company name must match the name of one of the partners (first name, second name, and last name) with reference to a word and partners
In the event that the legal form is “simple partnership company” and “joint liability company”, the type of trade name must be a “proper name” and it must match the name of the general partner (first name, second name, and last name), and it is permissible in both cases for the company to have its own trade name.
The partners bear all responsibilities in the event of an objection to the reserved trade name
1. The validity period of the trade name certificate is two months, subject to renewal
2. Obtaining the trade name certificate does not authorize the concerned person to engage in economic activity
3. Obtaining the trade name certificate does not authorize the concerned person to conduct banking transactions.
4. The billboard must not be installed except after the license is finally issued.
- No required Documents :
AED 200 for the Arabic name AED 2000 for the foreign name AED 2000 for city or country name AED 1000 for Arabic connotation