ServiceCard Portlet

This service is used to get the building permit for the proposed project or the boundary wall (boundary wall, metal fence, retaining wall) on vacant plot as per the submitted drawings.
This service is applicable for all building types including:

  • Private Villas
  • Investment Villas
  • Service Blocks
  • Multi Story Buildings
  • Story Buildings
  • Public Buildings (Governmental)
  • Industrial Buildings
  • Agricultural Buildings

To insure that the documents and drawings are compatible to the Building Regulations before starting the construction work.


The request is submitted by the consultant and the required documents are uploaded to the Ras Al Khaimah government portal website and the initial fees are paid


Upload the drawings on the RAK government portal website by the consultant.


Parallel review by the Architect, Structural & services engineers (Etisalat, RAKWA, Etihad W&E & Civil Defense).


Notify the consult and tha application owner about the drawings approval to complete uploading the final documents required to approve the application.


HOS Engineer review / approval.


Pay the final fees and deposits and upload the final documents to issue the Building Permit.


Assign the supervision consultant and main contractor by the main consultant.


Issue the building permit electronically.


  1. To get the building permit for Boundary Wall on empty plot, the plot should be “Owned” or granted by Shaikh Zaid Housing Program.
  2.  the minimum coverage area is 10% of the plot area and should not excceed the maximum percentage specified by the Town Planning Department.
  3.  The Building Permit is valid for one year from the issuance date.  

Required Documents
  • Land Document (Sketch) :  Affection Plan (valid for grant plot) + ownership document (if any)
  • Emirates ID :  Copy of Emirates ID (the landlord or grant beneficiary
  • Official Letter :  Assignment letter from the owner to the consultant
  • Other Documents :  Site clearances (NOCs) from Etihad for Water & Electricity and Etisalat
  • Official Letter :  Letter from Shaikh Zaid Housing Program (for SZHP grants)
  • Official Letter :  Mortgage contract from the bank if SZHP grant is a “loan”
  • Other Documents :  Colored elevations for non-residential plots.
  • Other Documents :  A letter from the concerned authority if the project belongs to local or federal entity, including: a. Ministry of Education and Higher Education for schools, universities and institutes b. Ministry of Health for hospitals and clinics c. Tourism Authority for Hotels and Resorts. d. The General Authority for Islamic Affairs and Endowments Approval for mosque and the annexes

application form


Table Attached


Building Services
Was this helpful? Let us know!
Yes, Thanks
Sort of, Thanks
Not Really