Why Ras Al Khaimah?
- Strategically located at the crossroads of trade & commerce with access to the UAE and GCC ecosystems
- Access to 76% of the world population in 8 hours
- 35% of the world’s total seaborne oil passes through the coastal waters of RAK Ports
Thriving business destination
- Diverse Economy with a significant manufacturing sector
- Marketplace and supply chain of 45,000 companies including 6,000+ manufacturing companies
- The most cost effective business location in UAE
- Easy access to skilled talent
- International business standards
Strong Connectivity and Logistical Advantages
- Easy access to major logistical hubs including Saqr Port, the largest bulk container port in the MENA region
- A thriving low cost international airport
- Less than an hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport
Efficient One-Stop Shop Solution
- Comprehensive range of services, including company setup, licensing, visa, customs, construction permits, labor permits, and many more; all in one location
- A range of set up options including Free-zone, Mainland and Offshore
Ruler’s Support and Government Focus
- A dedicated project management team to fast track government approvals and guide companies through the set up process
- Easy access to senior management of government entities to support companies with their investment plans
- Ongoing support to help companies grow with dedicated account managers
- Up to 50% lower business operating cost than regional average.
- 100% foreign ownership in free zone areas.
- 100% foreign ownership for manufacturing in non-Free zone areas.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- 10% lower development cost than regional average.
- 5% VAT as of 2021.
- 115 double taxation agreements.
Industrial infrastructure development – expansion of existing business parks to provide new warehouses and labour/staff accommodation.
· Wholesale City
· Bulk cargo
· Apartments for lease
· Mid to upscale townhouses
· 441 key 3-Star hotel with direct beach access
· 560 Key 5-Star beach front hotel
· K-12 International School
· Higher Education Institution
Setting up a Business in Ras Al Khaimah
Free Zone Entity (FZ)
- 100% ownership
- No customs duties on imported and re-exported goods
Non-Free Zone Entity (NFZ)
- 100% ownership for manufacturing and industrial operations
- In partnership with a UAE investor (51%/49%)
- Offshore formation
Available through RAK International Corporate Centre (RAK ICC)
- Through RAKEZ Global Product
- Corporate Re-domiciliation from UAE or global jurisdictions
- Eligible to appoint corporate shareholders/directors